ARE YOU READY FOR THE BIG RIDE?
It is spring in Cyprus and this is when Cyprus is at its best. A cool breeze, a bright-but-not-hot sun, green grass, wildflowers, a light drizzle – it is paradise out there. It’s time for the Scoda Cyprus Gran Fondo!
The Cyprus Gran Fondo is a 3-day Road “Cycling for All” event, which, since 2017, is featured among the biggest cycling events of the UCI as part of the Gran Fondo World Series for cyclists ranging from pros to beginners. The event provides the perfect opportunity for recreational riders to qualify for the World Gran Fondo Championships held every year. All participants of Cyprus Gran Fondo will have the opportunity to earn their qualification in the Gran Fondo World Championship.
Starting every day next to the Mediterranean coast, you will climb some of the nicest mountains of the island and pass through traditional and rustic villages, and then return back to some of the best hotels in Paphos to enjoy your off-the-bike time!
Why us? We make your experience unique with services such as:
- Meet and greet at PFO (Paphos) International Airport
- Collection and delivery of race number/goody bag
- Race and course briefing
- Pasta party dinner in the hotel
- Early morning breakfast on race day
- Dedicated recovery tent
- Post-race, sports massage for muscle recovery
- Free downloadable group photos
- Post-race party at a local taverna
- Local expertise and customized advice on Paphos activities & sightseeing
|RACES||Expert & Sportive Groups|
|WEAR||Cycling gear. Don’t forget the sunscreen!|
4 Nights Package
Thursday - Hello sun!
- Welcome Drink
- Race Bag Collection
Friday - STAGE 1
- Early Breakfast
- EXPERT GROUP ITT – Route: Kouklia – Petra tou Romiou (Aphrodite’s Rock) – Kouklia– Distance: 20.6Km | Total ascent: +240m (Get GPX file)
- SPORTIVE GROUP – Route: Pafos – Acheleia – Timi – Anarita – Nata – Trachypedoula – Agios Georgios – Mamonia – Nikokleia – Total Distance: 54Km | Total Ascent: +780m. Timed Section: 41Km from Timi [km 13] to Kouklia [54km ] Feed Zones: 33km (Get GPX file)
Saturday - STAGE 2
- Early Breakfast
- EXPERT AND SPORTIVE GROUPS – Route: Pafos – Kouklia – Nikokleia – Mamonia – Kidasi – Malia – Ag. Nikolaos – Praitori – Kidasi – Mamonia – Nikoklia – Kouklia – Total Distance: 96Km | Total Ascent: +1600m. Timed Section: 79Km from Kouklia [km 17] to Kouklia [km 96] Feed Zones: 39km, 58km, and 76km (Get GPX file)
Sunday - STAGE 3
- Early Breakfast
- EXPERT AND SPORTIVE GROUPS – Route: Pafos – Achelia – Agia Varvara – Axylou – Amargeti – Statos-Agios Fotios – Choulou – Lemona – Letymou – Kallepia – Tsada– Total Distance: 54Km | Total Ascent: 1435m. Timed Section: 31.5Km from Agia Varvara [km 12.5] to Tsada [km 54] Feed Zones: 34km (Get GPX file)
Monday - Time to say goodbye!
- Check Out
Aliathon Holiday Village
Established in 1992 with the opening of 52 apartments, the Aliathon has now grown into a holiday village with a total capacity of 329 rooms/apartments and suites and an extensive and enticing array of services and facilities. Aliathon was the dream of five brothers and sisters, the Philippides family. Today ownership remains with their families who have a stronger than ever commitment to offering superior service and a personal touch oriented to the traditional Cypriot culture and green environment. With a wealth of experience and an enviable reputation for the quality of service, Aliathon Holiday Village will guarantee customer satisfaction and excellent service ensuring you have the holiday of your lifetime.
Bike Rentals are not included in this package. Browse through our fleet below to add your bike in the cart or choose your bike later by filling in the check out form.
1. Non training partners
This trip is well suited to non-training partners and families. The 4 & 5 star resorts have an abundance of activities and amenities, including multiple pools, game rooms, restaurants, and a luxury spa. The hotels are within walking distance to the beach and the port, which are bustling with shops and restaurants. Other island activities include hiking, touring and camel-back riding.
2. Single travellers and twin to share
Single travellers are welcome on all our camps, holidays and tours! We trust that you will have a great time and meet like minded people. As a single traveller you can have a single room or if you want to avoid the single supplement we can pair you up with another rider (of the same sex) so you can join us without having to pay extra.
3. Getting There
Transfers from and to Pafos International Airport (PFO) are included in your package. However, if you need to travel to Larnaca International Airport (LCA) a number of options are also available. Please look at our Larnaca Transfers page for further information.
4. What to Bring
For the run you will need a normal run kit and cap or race visor. For more info on training kit please check out FAQS.
Packages include Half Board catering that can be tailored to suit vegetarian, vegan and other diets. Please get in touch to let us know about your special dietary requirements.
6. General, visa, passport and health information
7. Medical certificate
To participate in one of our camps you need to fill in medical form or have a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the camp date. You can find the medical form here.
8. Travel Insurance
For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. Please make sure that your travel insurance policy covers sport events and holidays participation before you travel. You can also check our services page for additional information.
9. How to Book
Click on the Book Now at the top right hand of the page. At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 4 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip. Please look here for our full booking terms.