- Ensure you have a reliable GPS system and location maps in the car. Sometimes, you can’t rely totally on GPS and the local location maps come in handy.
- If you arrive late pack enough liquids/water and snacks in the car.
- If possible, try to reach your destination before dark.
- Umbrellas or hoodies are great in case there are light drizzles or rain.
- Always ensure your tank is full and refill before it reaches quarter tank as it is not easy to find another petrol station nearby.
- Buy insurance coverage for the driver and passengers.
Self-Drive Travel Reminders